Dental Emergency Services at Tyrone Family Dentistry
Despite our best efforts, we can’t always avoid accidents and unexpected problems. We understand, and we strive to see dental emergencies as soon as possible at Tyrone Family Dental. Whether you are an established patient or you’ve never been to our office, we will try to see you the same day and provide fast relief.
What to do in a dental emergency
Preparedness and good dental first aid practices can make a huge difference in your comfort while you are waiting to see a dentist, as well as the chances of saving a damaged tooth.
- Stay calm. This is especially important for parents and caregivers when a child has an oral injury. If you panic, so will the child.
- Call Tyrone Family Dentistry immediately. Keep our number (678) 245-4757 in your contacts, just in case.
- Keep any broken pieces or knocked out teeth, as well as any fillings, crowns or other restorations that fell off. Rinse gently in tepid water, being careful not to disturb any tissue that is still attached.
- Rinse your mouth with tepid saltwater.
- If a tooth was knocked out place it in a clean container and cover it with milk. This preserves viability, increasing the chances of reattachment.
- Use clove oil or dental numbing gel for topical pain relief. Don’t hold pills against the gums or use external salves in the mouth.
- Apply slight pressure using sterile cotton or gauze to control bleeding.
- Use an ice pack against the face to ease swelling.
- Consume only room temperature liquids and soft foods. If you need to chew, use the other side of your mouth.
We will take steps to get you out of pain as quickly as possible, and then discuss long-term solutions. Call us at (678) 245-4757 and for after hours emergency Call 678-818-2999.