CEREC Same day Crowns at Tyrone Family Dentistry
Dental crowns restore the function and appearance of a tooth. The process generally takes several days or weeks. However, you don’t have to wait for dental crowns at Tyrone Family Dentistry, thanks to our CEREC in office CAD/CAM system.
About CEREC crowns
If you want a fast solution for a damaged or compromised tooth, CEREC is the answer. The entire process is completed in just one visit. There is no temporary restoration and no waiting for a laboratory.
The CEREC process is similar to the standard dental crown procedure, except it is faster and more convenient:
- We begin with diagnostics and tooth preparation. All weak, damaged, or decayed parts of the tooth must be removed. Then it will be shaped to accommodate the crown.
- Next, we take impressions. This step does not involved uncomfortable, goopy trays. We use fast, accurate, comfortable digital impressioning.
- The crown is designed using a special computer program. The data is transferred directly to the milling machine.
- Your new crown is sculpted from a solid block of high strength ceramic. It is colored and polished to match your natural teeth, for an indiscernible restoration.
- The final step is cementing the crown in place. The entire process only takes a couple of hours.
We embrace the latest technology, but we do not limit our options. CEREC crowns are good. However, in certain circumstances, especially cosmetically sensitive placements, they may not be the very best option. Therefore, we also work with an excellent dental laboratory, which delivers consistently top quality work in a timely manner. If traditional crowns are used, the process usually only takes about 3 weeks, during which time you will be provided a temporary crown.
To find out more about your best option, call us at (678) 245-4757 and schedule a consultation.