Veneers at Tyrone Family Dentistry
One of the most requested cosmetic smile enhancements
is porcelain veneers. Tyrone Family Dentistry offers high quality veneer treatment for a stunningly beautiful, yet natural looking smile.
What are porcelain veneers?
Veneers are ultra-thin, porcelain layers applied to the visible surface to change the appearance of one or several teeth. Because they are so thin, minimal tooth preparation
is needed. Therefore, veneers are one of the most conservative restorations available. You might expect them to be quite fragile, but the opposite is true. Due to the inherent strength of layering, veneers are much more durable than you might expect. With good care, your new and improved smile can last for years.
Who is a good candidate?
Virtually anyone with good oral health and cosmetic smile concerns is a potential candidate for veneers. The underlying tooth needs to be healthy and strong to support a veneer. If you have decay, gum disease, or other oral health issues, they need to be addressed before beginning veneer treatment.
Porcelain veneers may be right for you if you wish to correct:
- Stains that don’t respond to whitening, discoloration from root canal treatment, or a naturally dark tooth color
- Uneven or unusually wide spaces between teeth
- Disproportionately sized teeth
- Misshapen teeth or those with a less than ideal shape
- Worn down teeth
- Minor damages such as chips and tiny fractures
- An asymmetrical smile
What to expect
The procedure is usually completed in about 2 weeks, with three or four office visits.
- First is a consultation and smile design
- At the next visit teeth are prepared
- The final appointment is for bonding your new veneers in place
- We recommend a follow-up a couple of weeks later, so we can ensure all is well with your new smile
Schedule a cosmetic consultation today. Call us at (678) 245-4757.