Dental Implants at Tyrone Family Dentistry
Tooth loss is among the most devastating dental problems, with serious cosmetic and oral health implications. Historically, dentures and bridgework were the only options. Today’s patients have a better solution, with dental implants from Tyrone Family Dentistry.
What are dental implants?
An implant is essentially a synthetic tooth root. It is a small structure, usually made of titanium, which is implanted in the bone. Specially made crowns, bridges, or dentures are attached to the implants.
The type of implant and restoration depends on your needs and preferences.
- Immediate implants – If you have sufficient bone, the implants may be placed the same day that teeth are extracted.
- All-on-4 – For replacing all upper, or all lower, teeth a denture plate can be supported by just four implants.
- Individual tooth – If you lost just one tooth, it can be replaced by a single implant and a porcelain crown.
- Implant bridge – For replacement of multiple teeth, a customized bridge unit can be placed on two or more implants.
- Preliminary bone grafting – If you have suffered significant bone loss, we may need to perform a graft prior to implant placement. Bone grafting is a minor oral surgery, which is performed here in our office.
Benefits of implants
The body accepts implants as if they were natural roots. New bone cells form and adhere to the implant surface during a process called osseointegration. This creates a strong, stable bond. It also helps keep the bone healthy and strong.
- Implant treatment replicates the complete tooth structure
- Help prevent bone resorption, which is inherent to tooth loss
- Flawlessly natural appearance
- Restore chewing functionality and enjoy your favorite foods again
Find out for yourself why implants are considered the premium tooth replacement treatment. Call (678) 245-4757 and schedule your consultation with Tyrone Family Dentistry.